To find the right acceleration settings, do the following:
- Load our acceleration_test.jpg (right click for download) into LaserWeb.
- Then create a raster operation and change pass to 1 and cut rate to 6000 mm/min
- Generate the gcode.
- Click on COM tab, select the machine port and connect.
- Click on JOG tab. On the lower right of the screen you see the console line.
$120=1500into the console line and press
ENTER. This sets your X acceleration to 1500mm/s2.
- Run the job.
- If the acceleration is too height, you will hear/see lost stepps on the sides (when changing direction). Then lower the acceleration value by 10% and test again.
- If there was no lost stepps, increase to value by 10% and test again.
- If you found the limit where loosing stepps begins, reduce the value by 15-20% and set it to
$121(X and Y axis).