To find the maximum feed settings, do the following:
- Load our feed_test.jpg (right click for download) into LaserWeb.
- Create a raster operation and change pass to 1 and cut rate to 6000 mm/min (= 100mm/s).
- Generate the gcode.
- Click on COM tab, select the machine port and connect.
- Click on JOG tab. On the lower right of the screen you see the console line.
$110=30000into the console line and press shift-enter. This sets the max X feed of GRBL to 30000mm/min.
$111=30000into the console line and press shift-enter. This sets the max Y feed of GRBL to 30000mm/min.
- Run the job.
- If the feed is too height, you will hear/see lost stepps during X moves. Then lower the feed vale (in step 2.) by 10% and test again.
- If there was no lost stepps, increase to value by 10% and test again.
- If you found the limit where loosing stepps begins, reduce the value by 15-20% and set it to
$111(X and Y axis).